more chad

Paul McFedries lists at MCFEDRIES.COM
Tue Nov 14 15:01:37 UTC 2000

A "pregnant" chad is a chad that is only indented slightly and is still
fully attached to the card. I've also seen them called "dimpled" chads. I
haven't heard of "stippled" chad. Perhaps you heard "dimpled." Here are some
others:

hanging chad - only one corner remains attached to the card.
swinging chad - two corners remain attached to the card.
tri-chad - three corners remain attached to the card.

Apparently, the above three will be accepted by a hand count, but in most
cases not by a machine count (because the attached chad would likely block
the hole when the card is fed through the machine). Pregnant chads are not
counted either way.

Any others?

Paul
http://www.mcfedries.com/