FW: REVOCATION OF INDEPENDENCE (fwd)

Rudolph C Troike rtroike at U.ARIZONA.EDU
Sat Nov 18 10:01:09 UTC 2000

This adds an addendum to Tim's comments about the effects in the Midwest:

... wouldn't that put much of the West back into the hands of the tribal
nations?  and at war with the territorial Spanish, and even the Catholic
church?  wouldn't  that make us aliens in the Tohono O'Odham Nation?

And of course that pesky Prop 203 would be null and void... since us
palefaces would need to speak Spanish, or Yaqui, or O'Odham, or ???
whichever way we take sides in the struggle with the Spanish colonization
and conversion....

I'm afraid we'd have to redistribute the property of the aliens, however,
displacing many of the snowbirds who have adopted this as their home in the
"golden years."  Would we go back to the original land grants to figure out
how to return the land?  would TCC become property of those
Mexican-Americans whose homes were gobbled up and bladed over for
construction?

(this is fertile ground for the Gridiron Show, if one ever gets produced
again)...

thanks for the laugh, Rudy!

Jay