Barry Popik and William Safire

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Oct 2 10:46:43 UTC 2000

   Perhaps it will all be over when The New York Times prints what I discovered eight years ago, if it repays me the hundreds and hundreds of dollars I've spent that I never should have had to spend, if it finally corrects all of its errors, and there's some apology given.
   None of that has happened.
   William Safire has perhaps apologized to Gerald Cohen, has declared Fred Shapiro to be a genius, and Jesse Sheidlower the second coming of the great OED's Murray, but I'm nothing at all.