Flexi-boarding

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Oct 3 23:53:31 UTC 2000

   I briefly searched the web with "Vlad the Impaler" and "woodcut," but I couldn't find the "whingeing" caption.

FLEXI-BOARDING

   From the FINANCIAL TIMES, September 30-October 1, 2000, pg. 19, col. 1:

   It used to be called a "sleep-over," but now it's "flexi-boarding," and it is changing the face of Britain's prep schools.  (...) ...flexi-boarding allows pupils to be occasional boarders.

MITZVAHTINI

   From USA TODAY international, 29 September 2000, pg. 14A, col. 2:

   Martini purist James Bond would blanch at the $9 Godiva Midnight Martini (Godiva Chocolate Liqueur and Absolut Vodka shaken and strained over ice with a lemon twist), but it's a popular late-night treat at Blu in Milwaukee's Pfister hotel.
   (...)
   The Charles Hotel's Tini Bar in Cambridge, Mass. toasts the elections with a Joe Lieberman "mitzvahtini."  Its contents: Tanqueray Sterling, gin with Manischewitz kosher wine, served straight up.

(Does that go with all types of blintzes?--ed.)