Brasov bits

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Oct 4 13:40:26 UTC 2000

   Greetings from Brasov.  Roger Miller's "King of the Road" is playing in the background.  Amazing.  I mean, it's amazing that it's not Madonna's "Music."
   Sinaia had two wonderful castles that just take your breath away.  I didn't know they even existed.  The interiors of one of them are incredibly ornate.

ECONOMAT--seen outside the Sinaia castles.  It seems like a penzione.  OED?

CHICAGO DREAM--name of an ice cream here.

JOE--name of a brand of chocolate wafers.

MAXI-TAXI--sign on top of a large taxi.  OED should check NEXIS for this term.

ALPINISM--Romanian for mountain climbing.

CHICKEN-BEAK SHOES--what the castle guide said that those medieval metal guys wore on their feet.  OED?  Other kinds are duck's-beak shoes.

   Gotta go. There's a beer festival outside.