Most frequently used words

Robert Kelly kelly at BARD.EDU
Sat Oct 7 14:59:05 UTC 2000

I doubt it == the hell sermon alone is 'wordier' than that.

But it is seriously averred that one of the reasons for Georges Simenon's
immense popularity in the francophone lands is that his vocabulary is
deliberately (at least in the Inspector Maigret books) restricted to two
thousand words -- a plausible number, at least.

Does anyone have hardedged data, word frequency tables, etc.?

RK