Bulgarian Phrases

Lynne Murphy lynnem at COGS.SUSX.AC.UK
Wed Oct 11 14:00:23 UTC 2000

>On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Laurence Horn wrote:
>
>>  communities) while "whore" often, I suspect, remains too strongly
>>  derogatory to be playful, whether in the original or the now trendy
>>  form of "ho". '
>
>At the Souper Salad across the street from where I work, they have a new
>Southwestern Style menu, featuring a flavor called "BBQ Ho Down".
>
>--- Steve K.

This reminds me of a candy box I have from (I think) Vermont that
says "Ho-made Candies."  (The box is at least 12 years old.  I often
look at it and wonder if the company has realized what this means now
and has appropriately changed their spelling.)

Lynne
--
M. Lynne Murphy
Lecturer in Linguistics