Mullet Tidbits, Probably Off-Topic

Grant Barrett monickels at EXCITE.COM
Thu Oct 12 20:35:37 UTC 2000

All of this comes off another email list I'm on called Guitartown.

There is, apparently, a mullet festival in Swansboro, North Carolina, this
weekend. The entire list (mostly Southerners, for what it's worth) seemed to
be aware of the haircut and asked for clarification: hair or fish? The
poster replied:

"Naw, the fish!! Not that that haircut isn't in abundance. I saw a whole
mullet-attired family at the supermarket the other night. Downright scary,
ain't it? Hey, at least we don't have the 'flounder-fling,' but they do at
the Morehead City Seafood Fest."

Somebody else replied with this, which is good for a laugh.

"About 5 years ago, my brother left this song on our message machine. He
sang it in the type of voice which would accompany a mullet. We didn't know
who the hell had left it and laughed for days. Only a month later did we
find out who did it. There were another two whole verses of which my
brother, to save his life cannot remember. Scott says that he can remember
some of it. I'll have to find out."