the psychology of Gray/Grey

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Oct 16 18:33:10 UTC 2000

Oh, it's fairly offensive, since I try to be only marginally pretentious,
but I do agree with you  It seems in keeping, though, with my combined
academic and theatrical careers.  Hey, if you're discussing Molière, you're
talking about theatre.  And my area of study is in Shakespeare; I see
theatre all the time.  Whaddyagonnadoo?  BTW, like the grey/gray phenomenon,
one can only differentiate (really) between the two on the page.  At least,
that's how it works in my case.  In most instances, I detest such affected
pronunciations as vase (rhymes with Oz) and harass (rhymes with Roger
Maris).  But those are my peeves.