comments on _American Speech_

Tue Oct 17 14:26:55 UTC 2000

Dear Mark,
Recall that AMERICAN SPEECH regularly publishes a "Miscellany" section; look
at the "Miscellany" sections of recent issues and see of what you have to say
is appropriate. In the past, when I edited AS, I sometimes published a
"Response" section. I haven't discussed this policy with Connie Eble, the
current editor, but it is not inconceivable that she might be interested in a
Response.

I'm sure that Connie is as delighted as I am that people are reading AS with
such care!

Cheers,
Ron Butters
Chief Editor, American Dialect Society Publications