Folk etymology

Bob Fitzke fitzke at VOYAGER.NET
Thu Oct 19 22:09:56 UTC 2000

Just received this via email from a member of another list. Does this
qualify as folk etymology?

Bob

"People please tell me I'm dreaming. <A
HREF="mailto:XxmrgruffxX at aol.com">
Darrel Ward</A> -- of Indianapolis, just enlightened me today as to what
the
abortion pill's ID really means. People, this is not coincidence. In
fact, I
am certain someone managed to slip this in without no one even catching
on.
Surely this is designed to effect womens right to choose. Some scare
tactic I
suppose. We should fight to change the name, and sue the bastard that
came up
with this acronym.

"As you read what follows, hold on to your hats.

"The breakdown of RU 486.

"Are You For Killing.
 R     U     4     86

"86" in websters dictionary means to kill or to cease."

"People this cannot be a coincidence, what the hell happened here?"