William Safire watch (continued)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Oct 22 18:34:05 UTC 2000

   Nothing has changed.
   John J. Fitz Gerald's name has still not been spelled correctly.
   His words--mangled, and reduced to a mere eight--have still not been
corrected.
   My letter to the editor (about my words) has still not been published, nor
has anyone even bothered to discuss it with me.  I sent two follow-up
e-mails, too.
   The New York Times Magazine has published no letters at all on the
"Sluvian/Big Apple" column.  "The Big Apple" was so buried that it did not
even appear in the newspapers that pick up Safire's column--in Houston,
Pittsburgh, and the International Herald Tribune.
   This week, there are two letters to Safire's following week's column about
"package store."  I've discussed better "package store" stuff right here on
ADS-L.
   This week's column is titled "ENJOY!"