"Locked and Dogged" (U.S.S. Cole)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Oct 22 21:10:11 UTC 2000

   Someone on CSPAN was being grilled about the incident in Yemen.  I heard
"locked and dogged."  I checked what I thought it might have been--"locked
and docked."  No, it _was_ "locked and dogged."
   From the Dow Jones database, 10-17-2000 interview:

QUESTION:  There was one report that he--and I forget the exact term they
used--locked and dogged some of the hatches below.  The commander did this.
As a result, they think the damage to the Cole was less than what--had he not
taken that action.  Do you know anything about--
REAR ADMIRAL CRAIG QUIGLEY:  I don't know the specifics.  I had not heard
that description, as you describe it, although it is typical.