more on Pittsburgh talk; with a digression on nanas

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Mon Oct 23 22:24:32 UTC 2000

>What do you mean by "natural error"?  Positive anymore isn't an error for
>its users! ....

> >I generally considered it a 'natural error' in Chicago, Detroit, etc.

I don't claim that it is an error. Note that I put 'consider' in the past
tense. I grew up hearing this construction rarely, never from careful
speakers, and never seeing it in writing. Naturally I took it to be an error.

Anymore, though, I'm agnostic on such points.

-- Doug Wilson