MOSCOW MULE (continued)

Mike Salovesh t20mxs1 at CORN.CSO.NIU.EDU
Sun Oct 29 21:43:46 UTC 2000

Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

> MOSCOW MULE (continued)--I re-checked John Mariani's ENCYCLOPEDIA OF AMERICAN
> FOOD & DRINK, and Mariani swears that "Moscow Mule" was invented about three
> years after the cite that I've found!  No doubt that the Moscow Mule was
> popularized by that big vodka company from Connecticut; a "Moscow Mule" mug
> appears in the publication BEVERAGE MEDIA (which continued the BAR & GRILL
> JOURNAL) in 1951.  But it's there in 1944!!
>
> MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE RANCH (continued)--How could Mike have remembered the
> Danny Kaye lyrics if he'd done all of that drinking?

It's the residue of youthful exuberance.  I remember those days just
like they were yesterday.

I know I'm getting up in seniority nowadays, because I can't remember
yesterday like it was yesterday.

-- mike salovesh     <salovesh at niu.edu>     PEACE !!!