rubbernecking again

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Sep 13 02:50:23 UTC 2000

Yeah, but that doesn't have to mean only the kinds of neck movement one
might require from a moving car.  Pedestrians might crane their necks to see
around other pedestrians, or police officers, or fire fighters, or
construction barricades.  The possibilities obstructions to undesired
attention are myriad.

I do think they all run together.  But thanks, Rima, for the clarification
on lookie-lou.  I didn't grow up with the term; I might have heard it for
the first time on SOUTH PARK.  Possibly from Mr. Garrison.  Shudder.

bob