Hungarian drinks

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Sep 25 11:11:21 UTC 2000

   Greetings again from Eger, Hungary.  By the way, Hungarian is not a Slavic language.
   I once again have a strange keyboard in a dark place, so I must be brief.

COFFEE DRINKS
   The following coffee drinks were available here in one coffehouse:
GERMAN COFFEE--long coffee.
MEXICAN COFFEE--chocolate powder, coffee.
COFFEE ARCADIA--coffee, whipped cream, honey, cinnamon.
COFFEE BEDUIN--coke, coffee, ice (can't read my scribble).
COCTAIL COFFEE--port, rum, coffee, cream, chocolate.
COFFEE CASANOVA--egg-liqueur, coffee, whipped cream, chocolate cream.
COFFEE CARMEN--amaretto liqueur, coffee, whipped cream, chocolate,
"HOLY TIMES" COFFEE--2.5 dl milk, coffee, whipped cream.
BLACK RUSSIAN--vodka, coffee.
COFFEE SECRET--Bailey's, coffee, whipped cream.
COFFEE APHRODITE--Metaxa, coffee, whipped cream.
COFFEE TRALANUS--white chocolate liqueur, coffee, whipped cream.

COCKTAILS (from a place called Alabardos):
ALABARDOS COCKTAIL--whiskey, triple sec, cit. salt.
STIERBLUT COCKTAIL--stierblut, triple sec, sekt.
MARTINI COCKTAIL--gin, martini.
JUMURDZSAK COCKTAIL--rum, orangensaft.
CURACAO COCKTAIL--curacao, vodka, juice.

COCKTAILS (another place):
BRONX COCTAIL
MANHATTAN COCTAIL
MELINDA COCTAIL--Campari, triple sec, juice.
ALEXANDER COCTAIL
AL CAPONE COCTAIL--whisky, martini, triple sec (They love Chicago here--ed.)
PACIFIC--Malibu, curacao, citronje.
SMURAGD--gin, curacao, naroncsle.
BLOODY MARY
MARQUERITA

MISC.
   The son of St. Stephan (the founder of Hungary) was St, Emeric.  More about the possible connections of "Emeric" and "America" much later.
    My guide said that he uses the phrase "up to your ears" in trouble.  I saw the old film YANKEE DOODLE DANDY on tv last night.  I heard "He needs me as much as he needs a hole in the head" and "You'll have to go to Timbuktu" and "We stuck our necks out and we got clipped."
    There is a "Bachelor Catching Soup" here.
    Off to wine tasting in the Valley of the Beautiful Women.