lopper-jawed

Mark A. Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Tue Sep 26 17:59:39 UTC 2000

As an sf fan in general and a Terry Pratchett one in particular, I eagerly
followed up Larry's lead.

The person who posted that identifies her location ( http://w3.nai.net/~tdiann/garden.htm ) as
     Southwestern Connecticut, northern Fairfield County, almost into New York State.

There's lots of other stuff on her site, but I saw nothing that seemed
relevant to this discussion. But note that sf fans are exposed to a variety
of dialects, including some that have no native speakers yet :-)\ ; and
this particular one was traveling in Scotland at the time she is writing
about. Also, many of us tend to pick up and use words that we like,
wherever we may have found them.

-- Mark