Romanian food (continued)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Sep 30 19:30:00 UTC 2000

   I'll try to send this a fifth time.  You rush across town to an internet cafe, type all this stuff in, and the system goes down and it's all lost.
   Romanian food.  Again.

CAFE O.K.
   I didn't go in, but I'm sure it's--as the Romanians say--"O.K."

SHERIFF'S ("Best Food in Town")
   Greasy American-style burgers and fries are the "best food in town"??
   COCKTAILS:
SHERIFF'S--banane+lapte+miere
MORCOVI
PORTOCALE
GRAPE FRUIT
NERE
   BURGERS:
TEXAS
SHERIFF'S
BONANZA
ROAD RUNNER
MR. FISH
HOT DOG LIMOUSINE
   PIZZA:
VEGETARIAN
HOT-DOG
HAWAIIAN
PASTRAMI
MEXICANA
TAOUK

HILTON HOTEL

"LONDON CLUB" SANDWICH--Roasted chicken breast and bacon with tomatoes, lettuce, boiled egg, mayonnaise, served with french fries.

HOTEL INTER-CONTINENTAL

   LOUNGE BAR:
MACCA (OED?)--sweet vermouth, dry martini, gin, creme de casis, soda water
CARPATHIAN'S DREAM--Kahlua, Cointreau, gin, tonic
Non-Alcoholic:
SHIRLEY TEMPLE--Sprite, grenadine
GREEN LOTUS--mint syrup, tonic water, pineapple juice
YELLOW JACKET--orange juice, lemon juice, pineapple juice
BATMAN COCKTAIL--orange juice, grenadine, soda water

   BRASSERIE:
EGGS GIPSY STYLE (Gipsies are also called "cigans"--ed.)
"SAINT GREMAINE" ZANDER
PORK MEDALLION "ZINGARA"
ICE CREAM "CORSA"

   RESTAURANT BALADA (21st floor):
PORK CUTLET "FORESTIERE"
MOLDAVIAN STEW WITH EGGS, COTTAGE CHEESE AND PICKLED CABBAGES SALAD (OED for "Moldavian stew"?--ed.)
"DANUBE DELTA" SMOKE-DRIED STURGEON

VELVET (the place I just ate at tonight)

"BERGIERE" LAMB
SANDER FILET "MEUNIERE"
"BATISTEI" FRIED FROG LEGS
STEW IN MOLDAVIAN STYLE
CHICKEN SOUR SOUP IN TRANSYLVANIAN STYLE
MITITEI (MINCED MEAT ROLLS ON THE GRILL)
TOCANITA DE PUI CU MAMALIGATA (CHECKEN STEW WITH POLENTA)