slon "bishop", lad'a "castle"

Wed Aug 1 12:55:50 UTC 2001

Thanks Gerald; interesting that such sister-languages (or cousins if
you like) don't share the same chess symbols.

Dennis

PS: Since dictionaries are famous for repeating definitions,
introducing mistakes to generations of users, I'll ask anyhow.

--
Dennis R. Preston
Department of Linguistics and Languages
preston at pilot.msu.edu