Dot

Steve Kl. stevekl at PANIX.COM
Mon Aug 6 18:01:21 UTC 2001

Perhaps only Erin will get this, but:

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, James A. Landau wrote:

> There is one term which does not yet exist but hopefully will appear soon.  I
> would like a one-syllable synonym for the underscore ( _ ) character.

I asked some tech friends of mine if they were aware of any such words for
_, and so far no one has responded except for my partner who said "Where's
Victor Borge when you need him?"

(In the early 70s on The Electric Company, Victor Borge narrated this
story, and he also narrated all of the punctuation -- he had a special
sound for each mark, although the _ didn't come into play.)

-- Steve Kl.