debate on "you did good"

Pearsons, Enid epearsons at RANDOMHOUSE.COM
Wed Aug 15 13:40:57 UTC 2001

Maybe I'm associating too much with my kid, her husband, and their friends.
They say "I'm good" aaalllll the time.  We're talking East Coast, late
twenties to mid-thirties.  But I've also heard it from 40-something friends,
and now I listen for it, just to check on its growth patterns.  There are
certainly times when I feel distinctly unhip saying "Fine."

        Enid

Enid Pearsons
Senior Editor
Random House Reference