Hackademy; Build-your-own theater quote

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Dec 4 03:37:35 UTC 2001

HACKADEMY

   Today's NEW YORK POST, 3 December 2001, pg. 25, col. 1 (www.nypost.com/news/worldnews/35660.htm), describes a school for would-be hackers and cyber-pirates called "The Hackademy."
   It's in France, where I didn't think American slang was allowed in school.

BUILD-YOUR-OWN THEATER QUOTE

   New York City is on high alert.  I just passed several policemen by Bloomingdale's.
   David Shulman is OK; he shakes a little.
   I saw this ad on the subway from Brooklyn.  To advertise a play, you used to need good reviews.  Now, all you need are a bunch of words, which you can cut and paste as you wish:

HIP YOUNG UNFLINCHING SEXY WICKED
DARING & COMPULSIVELY WATCHABLE

(In smaller print, five sources are given for the above seven terms--ed.)
THE JOURNAL NEWS  THE NEW YORK TIMES  ASSOCIATED PRESS  THE STAR LEDGER  NEWSDAY

_THE SHAPE OF THINGS_
by Neil LaBute

Promenade Theatre
Broadway at 76 Street