Bahama bits

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Dec 25 18:58:54 UTC 2001

   Greetings from the Nassau airport.  My flight leaves for Cuba in about an hour...That should have been the CASSELL DICTIONARY OF SLANG in a past post.

WHAT-TO-DO
Nassau-Cable Beach-Paradise Island
(www.bahamasnet.com)
Pg. 99, col. 1:
  "Sky juice" is the number one drink here.  It's a combination of gin and coconut water.  It's so good says Evans, "it should have come from the heavens, so I called it sky juice."

BAHAMIAN COCKTAILS AND MIXED DRINKS
by Mike Henry
LMH Publishing, Kingston
1980
1996 second edition
2001 revised edition

Pg. 25: Caribbean Champagne
Pg. 26: Cuban Cocktail (rum, sugar, lime)
Pg. 28:  Goombay Smash (Dark Rum, Old Nassau Coconut Rum, pineapple juice, lemon juice, Triple sec, syrup)
Pg. 58:  Bahamas Cow (rum liqueur, cold milk, egg)

(Merry Christmas.  Gotta go--ed.)