Natchitoches Meat Pies (Hot-ta-meat)

Lynne Murphy lynnem at COGS.SUSX.AC.UK
Mon Feb 5 15:15:01 UTC 2001

--On Monday, February 5, 2001 9:08 am -0600 Natalie Maynor
<maynor at CS.MSSTATE.EDU> wrote:

> Lynne Murphy wrote:
>
>> These meat pies are a plot point in James Wilcox's novel _Modern
>> Baptists_ (1996).  At least I quite sure that's the book that had 'em.
>
> I just went down the hall and asked Jim Wilcox about meat pies.  He
> can't remember mentioning them in any of his novels but said that
> it's possible -- and that I'd gotten him curious about how and why
> he might have mentioned them.  I'll let you know if he discovers
> that meat pies were indeed in _Modern Baptists_.

Hmmm...well that's the only book set in Louisiana that I can recall reading
recently enough that I'd remember the meat pies.  But they were a major
enough thing that the author should remember it.  So it must be the wrong
book.

Apologies!
Lynne

M Lynne Murphy