atleast?

Bethany K. Dumas dumasb at UTK.EDU
Tue Feb 6 02:36:39 UTC 2001

>I have encountered the spelling "atleast"--"alot," too!
>                                     Intentionally ambiguous!
>                                        PAT

Both are intentionally ambiguous? How? Or do you mean that you are using
"alot" to be intentionally ambiguous? I thought that "alot" was pretty much
standard among younger speakers.

How frequently do you see "atleast"? And where? Is that spelling invariant
among writers that you encounter? I.e., not sometimes "at least" and sometimes
"atleast"?

Thanks,
Bethany