PC/PI, people of color, 'white'.

Lynne Murphy lynnem at COGS.SUSX.AC.UK
Wed Feb 7 12:05:03 UTC 2001

--On Wednesday, February 7, 2001 4:16 am -0600 Mark Odegard <

> This leads to my speculation that the satiric sense of politically
> correct/incorrect originated with putative liberals, satirizing the
> leftover old-left knee-jerk liberals of the 60s, as well as the sillier
> 'inclusionism' of the 70s, where you could get called a bigoted 'odorist'
> for not appreciating unwashed armpits, or be denounced as a 'sizeist' for
> not being huggy-kissy accepting of morbid obesity.

History of 'PC' was well-discussed on the Linguist List, some while back.
You can get to a relevant bit of the archive through:

http://www.ling.ed.ac.uk/linguist/issues/7/7-862.html

M Lynne Murphy
Lecturer in Linguistics
University of Sussex