XFL's Bill Broads; Triple Bottom Line; Stir Fry

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Feb 8 23:36:06 UTC 2001

   Yes, I misspelled Natchitoches.  Also, I'll add that it's the Waring "blendor" cook book, not "blender."

XFL'S BILL BROADS

   From the NY POST, 8 February 2001, pg. 78, col. 3:

   "I also have some concern over what I'd like to call the Bill-Broads," (industry analyst Paul--ed.) Schulman said, referring to the closeups of scantily-clad cheerleaders holding up large cards emblazoned with logos of XFL sponsors.

(Whew!  And I thought he was talking about an ex-president--ed.)

TRIPLE BOTTOM LINE

   From the FINANCIAL TIMES, 8 February 2001, pg. 8, col. 3:

_Industry urged to attend to "triple bottom line"_
   Oil and pharmaceuticals industries lead the pack and the automotive and chemicals sectors are furthest behind but nearly all companies have a long way to go in accurately reporting their combined economic, environmental and social performance, according to a new report from the United Nations Enviroment Programme. (...)

("Triple bottom line" has no connection with the previous story of XFL cheerleaders-ed.)

STIR FRY

   From FINANCIAL TIMES, 8 February 2001, pg. 40, col. 1:

_China cracks down on "stir-frying"_
(...)  The banks, under pressure from a load of bad debts, are alleged to have been lending money for the "stir-frying" of shares, the term the Chinese use for speculation.

(As long as they don't cook the books--ed.)