Maid-Rite (Iowa "sloppy joes")

Matthew Gordon GordonMJ at MISSOURI.EDU
Fri Feb 9 19:12:55 UTC 2001

I grew up in Lincoln some 30 years later and "yum yum" was the term we used.
I'm relieved to hear that it was not just some peculiarity of my family. I
remember the very odd looks i received when, as a freshman at Georgetown, i
asked the cafeteria worker for a yum yum. Like 'pop' and 'sack' it was a word
that i learned quickly to avoid.