Spatzen and Spaetzle

Peter Richardson prichard at LINFIELD.EDU
Fri Feb 16 15:57:46 UTC 2001

Allen, I'll be up for supper next weekend. What you describe causes to me
the mouth-water to run together. I don't, I'm ashamed to say, know about
rivels, unless they describe the little trails of liquid that appear on
one's chin after a hearty meal of Spaetzle.
Regarding the regionalism: The -le suffix points to SW Germany, in general
the Swabian-speaking state of Baden Wuerttemberg.

Peter