Nu-Shu

Kim & Rima McKinzey rkm at SLIP.NET
Wed Feb 21 06:57:12 UTC 2001

Have any of you heard of Nu-Shu (I think that's how it was
transliterated)?  I missed the documentary film the other night.  It
is supposedly a secret women's language in China - Jian-yong county,
developed at a time when they were denied educational opportunities
and isolated.

There was a science fiction book several years ago (and,
embarrasingly, mind like a steel sieve, I can remember neither the
title nor the author right now) that involved linguists and supressed
women developing their own secret language.

Rima