Creoles etc.

Salikoko Mufwene mufw at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Mon Feb 26 03:34:36 UTC 2001

At 05:41 PM 2/25/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Mea culpa. Now we know why I do not teach HEL. But -- there are a lot of
>people in this country teaching the creole hypothesis in HEL
>courses. Is there a generally available article or chapter that sets the
>pros and cons out in detail for non-creolists? If not, will someone
>publish one?
>
>Bethany

At my website, there is a short article titled "The evolution of English."
It would be a helpful introduction to the debate.

Sali.

Salikoko S. Mufwene                   s-mufwene at uchicago.edu
University of Chicago        773-702-8531; FAX 773-834-0924
Department of Linguistics
1010 East 59th Street
Chicago, IL 60637
http://humanities.uchicago.edu/humanities/linguistics/faculty/mufwene.html