Federation Day greetings

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Jan 1 03:12:22 UTC 2001

   Happy Federation Day in the new millennium!
   My air ticket cannot be changed without a big increase in price, so I
can't have an extra day in Sydney to do research...I'm carrying home some
vegemite.  I better not be stopped at the airport for bringing back "food."
   I toured the Cairns Central Shopping Centre (it has a food court) and have
more food items.

_JAMAICA BLUE CAFE_
   Also at www.jamaicablue.com.au.
COFFEES:
   Cappuccino, Mugaccino, Megaccino, Babyccino, Melloccino.
MILKSHAKES
THICKSHAKES
OMELETTES:
   Kingston (ham, tomato, mushroom & cheese), Jamaican (cheese, capsicum,
Spanish onion & pineapple), Carribean (cheese, chicken, chives & mushroom).
JAMAICAN CLUB SANDWICH--bacon, pineapple, banana, cheese, lettuce & tomato.
MELTS:
   Calypso (bacon, tomato, onion, cheese), Bermuda (chicken, asparagus, mayo,
cheese), Caribbean (Yes, two different spellings--ed.)(bacon, banana,
pineapple, cheese), Bahama (sundried tomato, capsicum, onion, cheese),
Kingston (ham, pineapple, cheese).

_RED ROOSTER_
ORIGINAL STRIP SUB--2 chicken strips, lettuce & creamy herb sauce in a
freshly baked roll.

_COAST ROAST COFFEE_
FRAPPECINO--frozen espresso, ice cream and choice of flavour.

_ROYAL COPENHAGEN_
FRUIT WHIP--lite ice cream or yoghurt blended with a choice of fruits.

_GRANARY GOURMET DELI_
CAPPUCCINO
SKINNYCINO
SOYACINO
DECAFACINO
ECCOCINO--made with Ecco.
DRYACINO--counter woman had no clue.

_BAKERY_
HUMMINGBIRD CAKE
MELTING MOMENTS--two cookies with cream in the middle.  I've seen this
several places now.  Willl OED record it?
BROWN-EYED SUSAN--cookies with chocolate in the middle.  Why not Black-Eyed
Susan?
POPPERS--juice drinks in little boxes are called this.

_BI-LO SUPERMARKETS_
ROCK CAKES
WHITE SNOWDROPS
VIETNAMESE BREAD ROLLS--these are hot dog rolls!  I've asked several
people--both customers and employees--and no one had ever heard it called
"Vietnamese" before.  But it's on the label, and these things take up an
entire shelf.

_CAFE PACIFICO_
   At the Pacifico Hotel.  From the drink menu:
ZESTI--Combination of smooth hazelnut frangelico, with added hit of fresh
lime juice.  Shaken and poured over ice.
LOVE JUNK--Erotic mix of melon and peach liquors.  Topped with refreshing
apple juice.
JO JO IVERY--Smooth and delicious combination of banana liquor, Kaluaha and
rich smooth taste of Baileys Irishcream.
PACIFICO ICE TEA--Based on the famous Long Island Ice Tea (sic), with the
Pacifico twist--Blue Curacao and lemonade.
ICED COFFEE--AUSTRALIAN--milk, vanilla ice cream, espresso, cream.

REEF 'N' BEEF--usually "surf 'n' turf," but one restaurant has it as this.