President-Select; Pay-If-I-Play

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Jan 10 18:09:22 UTC 2001

PRESIDENT-SELECT

   From the NEW YORK POST, 10 January 2001, pg. 31, col. 2, "Why the Right
Can't Win" by Michael Kelly:

   We'll (the left--ed.) never, no never, no never, quit hollering from the
rooftops that the president-select, as we like to call him, was and forever
will be entirely and utterly illegitimate...

PAY-IF-I-PLAY

   From the NEW YORK POST, 10 January 2001, pg. 3, col. 1:

_ZETA WIN$ IF MICHAEL SINS_
_Douglas to pay $5M if unfaithful: report_
   Michael Douglas has reportedly agreed to pay Catherine Zeta-Jones a
whopping $5 million if he's ever unfaithful during their marriage.
   The 56-year-old star--once treated for sex addiction--inked the amazing
"pay-if-I play" deal as part of the prenuptial agreement he made with his new
bride, the London Daily Mail says.

(But the question is, what if SHE strays?  Not that she's going to do
that--ed.)

E-CLINER

   From the NEW YORK POST, 10 January 2001, pg. 34, col. 1:

_JOE 6-PACK IS WIRED_
_New La-Z-Boy "e-cliner" has M'soft WebTV_
(...)  The Explorer "e-cliner," which made its debut at the CES in Las Vegas
yesterday, has a built-in airplane-style tray table designed to fit the
infrared keyboard for a Web TV made by Sony.

PANINOTECAS

   From the NEW YORK POST, 10 January 2001, pg. 55, col. 2, Food:

_IN: Paninotecas_--Hotter than a sandwich press is a panino plus a quartino
(sandwich and wine--Italian style).  They come with good vibes at Via
Quadronno uptown and Il Posto Accanto in the East Village.