segregation/integration in the NYC jazz scene

Thu Jan 11 23:02:38 UTC 2001

No, I didn't mean to imply you were caviling at all; in fact, it was a nice
commentary.  I'm concerned about talk of "vomiting" etc. while watching the
show just because the city of origin might be wrong, or the etymology of
the word might be wrong, or whatever.  I don't wear my linguist's (or
dialectologist's, or lexicographer's) hat all the time, and this is one
time I'm happy to take it off.