"Native American" and variations thereof (2)

Joseph McCollum prez234 at JUNO.COM
Thu Jan 11 12:06:53 UTC 2001

I've always thought that anyone born in the USA was a Native American.

Is Cajun (from Acadian) formed the same way as Injun?  I had a friend who
disagreed with this theory and cited a Michener novel as proof.  I tried
reading the novel (now I don't even remember the title) but did not see
any reference to the formation of "Injun" in it.

Quotative "like":  I think this originated during the 1970's from the
cartoon "Scooby Doo."  Shaggy used the expression quite a bit.  I picked
up the habit myself and it grated on my father's ears.