God whacked?

Joe Pickett Joe_Pickett at HMCO.COM
Thu Jan 18 16:34:54 UTC 2001

There is also a rock band--heavy metal I think--with the title "godsmack,"
so this may play a part in gobsmacked > godsmacked.
It could be that godsmack got its name from the word, not the other way
around.

Joe

Lynne Murphy <lynnem at COGS.SUSX.AC.UK>@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> on 01/18/2001
10:21:16 AM

Please respond to American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>

Sent by:  American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>