query

Victoria Neufeldt vneufeldt at MERRIAM-WEBSTER.COM
Sat Jan 20 04:51:27 UTC 2001

Merriam-Webster has a form letter to reply to -gry queries.  If all the
letters received over the years have been kept, there must be a separate
basement full of them, somewhere.  The letters (and now e-mails as well, of
course) often come in batches, apparently the result of teachers' or
professors' misguided attempts to come up with linguistic assignments for
students.

Victoria

Victoria Neufeldt
1533 Early Drive