Fajitas, Chimichangas (Rio Grande Valey, 1974)

Barry Popik bapopik at JUNO.COM
Mon Jan 22 16:47:29 UTC 2001

Greetings once again from the Library of Congress.  The New York Public
Library gave me a heap of trouble finding the Western Union Technical Review
that's somehow completely missing, so I came here.
AOL is not working.  Such is life.
I requested the Rio Grande Valley (TX) phone books from 1971-1974.  Only
1974 arrived.  Maybe I can ask some librarian in Pharr to give a quick look.

March 1974, RIO GRANDE VALLEY (TX), pg. 327, col. 2 ad:
OLD MEXICO RESTAURANT
HOME OF THE AUTHENTIC
CHILE RELLENO & TAPIQUENO STEAKS
OUR MENU INCLUDES:
. Char-Broiled Steaks
. Carne Guisada
. Tacos
. Enchiladas
. Rice
. Beans
. Guacamole
. Fajitas
. Picadillo
. Variety of Slads
. Homemade Pies
787-2601
El Centro Mall
500 N. Jackson--Pharr

(No ROUND-UP DRIVE IN RESTAURANT ad.  FWIW, there's a place called OKIE
FRIJOLE--ed.)

March 1974, RIO GRANDE VALLEY (TX), pg. 328, col. 1 ad:
"Taco Boy Has It All In Mexican Food"
TACO BOY
TACOS--BURRITOS--
CHALUPAS--ENCHILADAS