Szhoosh

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Jan 26 02:19:38 UTC 2001

   Simon Doonan--he, of the "naff" citation--is now giving us "szhoosh."  I'm not sold.  I think he's trying to pull our legs to get a ridiculous slang term introduced.  But still, that's how some terms are introduced.
   From the NEW YORK OBSERVER, 29 January 2001, pg. 15, col. 1:

_The Winter Antiques Szhoosh_
   New York has always been the epicenter of _szhoosh_.  What's szhoosh?  It's interior decorating vernacular meaning "to gussie up lavishly" or, as a noun, "that which has been gussied up lavishly."

(Long article follows--ed.)