Mongole Soup (1928); Mud Cake (1925)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Jan 29 07:15:52 UTC 2001

   A brief search of my cookbooks (while I'm doing the laundry) turns up these.

MONGOLE SOUP (1928)

   As discussed, see the Jean Anderson and John Mariani books.
   THE RECTOR COOK BOOK (Rector Publishing Co., Chicago, 1928), by George Rector, has "Soups...Mongole...23."
   Once the NYPL menu catalog project is done, I'll search Rector's menus.

MUD CAKE (1925)

   I haven't checked the Peter Tamony entry for "mud pie."  He has no "Mississippi mud pie/cake."
   THE I.S. & E.U. COOK BOOK, COMPOSED OF TRUSTED AND TRIED RECIPES BY THE LADIES' AUXILIARY NO. 90 OF THE STEREOTYPERS' AND ELECTROTYPERS' UNION OF MILWAUKEE (Olsen Publishing Co., 1925), has "Mud cakes...72."