Schedule (sk-/sh-?) etc. etc.

David Bergdahl bergdahl at OAK.CATS.OHIOU.EDU
Tue Jan 30 18:48:25 UTC 2001

Tony Glaser wrote:

> And another Americanism vs. Englishism - when did "I couldn't care
> less" get turned into it's exact opposite "I could care less" even
> when the speaker means the former. I have never heard the latter in
> England, or the former in the US.
>
> Tony Glaser

Now isn't that funny... I've always thought "I could care less" was the
original Yiddishism or Yinglish, with the negative inserted by people
who didn't know the 22421 intonation pattern (using the old Trager-Smith
notation).

--db