Spit, spat, spitten (off topic)

Drew Danielson drew.danielson at CMU.EDU
Wed Jan 31 22:40:57 UTC 2001

The direction this thread is taking reminded me of a question I had a
while back.  At The Alternative Dictionaries
<http://www.notam.uio.no/~hcholm/altlang/> - a hotbed of international
scatology - there is the phrase, "merde a la puissance treize" in the
French section.  It claims that the phrase's acronym, "MALPT!" is used
"to wish someone tremendous good luck."  Can any francophile out there
verify this?  I am not finding a high incidence of this acronym in web
searches.