Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Tue Jul 3 14:08:41 UTC 2001

> Has anyone on this list heard the term "hosepipe" used for a garden hose? A
> friend in south-central Kentucky/north-central Tennessee assures me that it
> is commonly used there, but I hadn't run across it before.

I've encountered it but I can't remember where. M-W (Web) shows it (= "hose")
as "chiefly British". Cambridge (Web) shows it as a "British" variant of
"hose". Macquarie (Web) (Australian) shows it as = "hose". Apparently it is

-- Doug Wilson

More information about the Ads-l mailing list