pssing and smooching

Johanna N Franklin johannaf+ at ANDREW.CMU.EDU
Tue Jul 3 19:55:59 UTC 2001

What about "clucking" to animals?  I do that to dogs and cats (actually,
any furry animal) and sometimes "smooch" to them, but I don't think
anyone in my family makes the "pssing" noise.  I don't make any kind of
distinction between the noises I make for dogs and cats.  And I'm also
from Southern Illinois...

    Johanna

Excerpts from mail: 3-Jul-101 Re: pssing and smooching by Douglas
Bigham at AOL.COM