gillygalou bird

Thu Jul 5 20:33:22 UTC 2001

As I remember my folkore studies of long ago, Paul Bunyan was the
most frequently cited example of fakelore, a somewhat technical term
used by folklorists for items which are made up in popular culture or
literary (rather tha oral) tradidtions to "imitate" oral lore.

Net and other cultures make this distinction a less clear-cut one today (IMHO).

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
Department of Linguistics and Languages