Poster Boy (was "begging the question")

Herb Stahlke hstahlke at GW.BSU.EDU
Sat Jul 7 00:21:32 UTC 2001

This evening on The O'Reilly Factor, during a discussion of Greenspan's role in slowing the economy, Brenda Buttner responded to O'Reilly's blaming Greenspan by saying, "Everybody's looking for a poster boy."  In the context, she must have meant something closer to "scapegoat."  This near reversal of meaning is very much like that of "begging the question".  Anybody else heard this usage?

Herb

<<< Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM  7/ 6  1:14p >>>