[Latin] Word Salad from "The Internet Oracle"

L oki okl-word at JUNO.COM
Wed Jul 18 22:32:19 UTC 2001

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply.
Your question was:

>  Frowning and Judgmental Oracle, you see me even when
>  I cannot see you.  My tether comes loose and I escape
>  into public even when there is nothing to varnish.  All
>  my yesterdays roll on the floor laughing when they
>  think I'm about to try grovelling again.  The inkbolts
>  are especially worrisome today.
>
>  Please send me the recipe for a "word salad".

And in response, thus spake the Oracle:

} 2 cups active verbs
} 3 tablespoons passive verbs
} 1 pint of concrete nouns
} A cup of adjectives
} Prepositions to taste
}
} Wash the active verbs well.  Choose ones that are nicely developed with
} firm roots.  Interlace with the passive verbs.  Do not use too many as
} this will make the salad mushy and feeble.
}
} Fold in concrete nouns, discarding any that are too old or abstract.
} Season liberally with adjectives and a robust adverb or two.  Add a
} dash of prepositions, but be sure to choose the right ones to
} compliment the meaning of the verbs.
}
} Garnish with interjections and let sit overnight.  It is important to
} let the salad marinate for at least 24 hours before displaying in
} public so that the ideas mingle and that any insipid ones can be
} discarded.