Virus Warning!!!!

A. Vine avine at ENG.SUN.COM
Tue Jul 24 21:32:20 UTC 2001

All,
I was sent a virus this morning in an attachment.  As it looked valid, I
opened the attachment, which was enough to infect my machine.  The result
was not only that the virus seems to be mailing itself to folks in my
address book, but has DESTROYED the filesystem map and/or registry in my
Windows machine.

IF YOU RECEIVED AN EMAIL WITH AN ATTACHMENT, especially if the attachment
filename has .com, or .pif, or .exe, or a double extension like .xls.pif,
or .eml.com DO NOT OPEN IT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.  DELETE IT
IMMEDIATELY!!!  Don't lose your filesystem map and suffer like I am!  The
sender may not be me, but somehow my name might be involved as A Vine.
There may also be a sender called Prasanna B-----.

Sorry about the shouting, but I don't want anyone to get this virus.

Andrea