medical slang

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Wed Jul 25 15:22:23 UTC 2001

: From:    Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM

<snip>

: One day I brought the just-arrived issue of _Newsletter of the
: American Dialect Society_ home to read. My son, then 18 or 19,
: took one look at the acronym blazoned across it and commented,
: "That's a pretty awful name to give a magazine." When I asked
: why, he explained, pitying my ignorance, that "nads" is short
: for "gonads" in his circle.

And here when i joined ADS and started getting NADS, i thought it was being
done on purpose, to get attention or somesuch.

I think i might be just a bit *too* connected to pop culture for my own
good... :-)

David Bowie                                       Department of English
Assistant Professor                            Brigham Young University
db.list at pmpkn.net              http://humanities.byu.edu/faculty/bowied
   The opinions stated here are not necessarily those of my employer